2013 Club Partners & Discounts
Our major partners are listed down the right side of every page on our web site. Please visit them! Our club and our members benefit greatly from their support!
Our sponsors support us in numerous ways, including donations, facilities for holding club meetings, and discounts for club members. We provide all of our sponsors with online access to the BTC roster, and you must be on the BTC roster in order to receive these discounts.
Note: The BTC board strives to obtain as many discounts and special offers as possible for our members. We do not provide exclusivity to any of our partners (for example, we have agreements with multiple companies that sell bicycles and bicycle accessories). Our goal is to provide as many options as possible for our members so that they can choose which offers they would like to take advantage of. Inclusion of a sponsor or partner is not intended to be an endorsement by the BTC, nor is the omission of a sponsor or partner intended to be a denouncement. We tend to approve all partnership opportunities that provide some type of multi-sport related discount or benefit for our members, provided that the cost to the club is deemed reasonable. Most of our partners simply require us to provide them some exposure to our members via our email blasts, newsletters, and our web site. We review/renew the agreements annually, and keep copies of them on file. Please feel free to contact our board members if you have any questions.
Pools & Fitness Facilities
ECC Flickinger Center (inc. Pool): discounted yearly memberships, Individual $149.00, down from $195.00 and family (husband/wife/children under 18) $230.00, down from $335.00. Good for all activities.
- UB Recreation Facilities (inc. Pool): Monthly memberships for $15. Membership includes the pool, the jogging track, the cardio and weight room, and pretty much everything that is offered at UB's Alumni Arena (Amherst Campus) and Clark Hall (Main St Campus). Each BTC member needs to purchase their UB membership within the first week of each month to receive the discount. Members can also purchase more then one month at a time. We need to maintain a minimum of 15 members per month to receive the discount. Memberships can be purchased at the UB Recreation desk, room 130 Alumni Arena (Amherst Campus). You'll need to identify yourself as a BTC member, and show photo identification. The staff will check your name against our club roster. The hours can be found on the UB Recreation web site. Questions regarding this offer can be directed to Jeri, our club treasurer.
- ATC Endurance Events: $10 discount for race registrations for the Cooperstown, Delta Lake, or Old Forge triathlon events. Expires on 8/1/2103. Discount code has been sent to BTC members via email. ATC runs several triathlons in the Mohawk Valley region of upstate NY (Rome, Old Forge, Cooperstown, etc)
- Eclipse Multi-Sport: 20% discount off Olympic distance race registrations at Quakerman, Wilson Wet & Wild, and Nickel City. 15% discount off race registrations for Finn McCool 4 Mile Odyssey, 50 Yard Finish half marathon, the Holly Jolly 5k, and the Caroler 5k. Discount codes have been sent to BTC members via email.
- Great Lakes 100 Mile Triathlon: $50 discount for registrations for the Lake Erie and Lake Ontario 100 Mile triathlons. Discount code has been sent to BTC members via email.
- Score This!!!: BTC members can register for the ECC Kat's Sprint Tri, Tri Dunkirk, PAIN in the Alleganies, and XTERRA ASP, at the "early bird" registration price using the discount codes that have been sent to all members via email. Score This!!! also offers our members other special offers throughout the year.
Multisport stores, bike shops, & bike fittings,
- FreeSpeed Sports: 10% discount off all regular priced merchandise. 5% discount off bikes. Contact them for special BTC pricing on FreeSpeed wetsuits. Items that are already on sale are excluded from the discounts, as our some brands that prohibit discounting.
- Handlebars Cycle Company: 5% discount on bikes and Zipp wheels, 10% discount on equipment and accessories, and a 20% discount on nutrition. Exludes items already on sale, and excludes services. Identify yourself as a BTC member at checkout.
- Karbon Speed: 10% discount on most items, however the discount sometimes varies depending on the product and the current promotions. Enter the code "BTC" at checkout.
- Love & Sprockets: Bike fit studio at Tom's Pro Bike. $125 for a full bike fitting, and 10% discount off wetsuits.
- Tom's Pro Bike: 5% Discount on bikes, and 10% discount on service, bike fittings, accessories, and pretty much everything else (excludes items that are already on sale & excludes high-end wheels).
- Runner's Roost: 15% discount. Items that are already on sale are excluded. Ugg's are also excluded.
Swimming & Wetsuits (see also "Multisport stores," above)
- ProMotion Wetsuits: 20% discount off full retail price, and on sale prices, on all of their triathlon products. BTC members can place their order via telephone (1-800-798-1628) to receive the discount.
- XTERRA Wetsuits and accessories: Discounts up to 60%. Click here for sponsorship pricing. Members need to enter a discount code during the checkout process to get the savings. The discount code is C-BUFFALO.
- Finis: 25% discount off all apparel, custom apparel, and products. Discount can be obtained by purchasing online and using the coupon code trifinis1. They will also offer us some other special promotions throughout the year.
Multisport coaching services
- EnduranceFactor: 50% discount off initial coaching startup fees and $50.00 discount off VO2 max testing.
- Endurance & Marathon Sports: 25% discount off swim clinics. Identify yourself as a BTC member when you register for the clinics. Your membership status will be verified against our club roster.
- Plan2Peak: Endurance sport coaching and testing.
- $30/month discount off training group (includes use of training facility)
- $50/month discount off custom annual training plans
- 20% discount off consultation fees
- 10% discount off metabolic testing (VO2 Max, Lactate thresholds, & resting metabolic rate)
- $50 discount off Functional Movement Screenings (FMS)
- Discounts on BTC Special Event Tuesday Night Workouts at the Plan2Peak Training Center (CompuTrainer ErgVideo rides).
- TriVault Multisport Coaching & Training:
- 10% Off TriFit™ (multisport strength program).
- Start-up fees waived and 10% off personal coaching.
- 10% off hourly coaching.
- $25 off 1st power/lactate threshold test.
- 50% off follow-up swim stroke analysis.
Massage, rehab, and injury prevention
- Podium Cold: 30% discount. Discount code has been sent to BTC members via email.
- RunSmart: $30 discount on a full running analysis.
- Schaffstall Chiropractic: Dr. James Schaffstall is a long-time BTC member and he specializes in working with runners and triathletes. Please be sure to identify yourself as a BTC member and contact Jim via the Schaffstall Chiropractic web site for more information or to schedule an appointment. Discounts are available.