2017 Club Partners & Discounts
Our major partners are listed down the right side of every page on our web site. Please visit them! Our club and our members benefit greatly from their support!
Our partners support us in numerous ways, including donations, facilities for holding club meetings, and discounts for club members. We provide all of our partners with online access to the BTC roster, and you must be on the BTC roster in order to receive these discounts.
Note: The BTC board strives to obtain as many discounts and special offers as possible for our members. We do not provide exclusivity to any of our partners (for example, we have agreements with multiple companies that sell bicycles and bicycle accessories). Our goal is to provide as many options as possible for our members so that they can choose which offers they would like to take advantage of. Inclusion of a sponsor or partner is not intended to be an endorsement by the BTC, nor is the omission of a sponsor or partner intended to be a denouncement. We tend to approve all partnership opportunities that provide some type of multi-sport related discount or benefit for our members, provided that the cost to the club is deemed reasonable. Most of our partners simply require us to provide them some exposure to our members via our email blasts, newsletters, and our web site. We review/renew the agreements annually, and keep copies of them on file. Please feel free to contact our board members if you have any questions.
Pools & Fitness Facilities
ECC Athletic Membership (inc. Pool): Discounted yearly memberships. Individual memberships are $149.00 (normally $245.00) and family memberships (husband/wife/children under 18) are $280.00 (normally $335.00). ECC membership is valid for all hours and activities at the ECC Flickinger Center on the City Campus (including the pool, fitness center, etc), as well as the facilities at the ECC North Campus (Williamsville) and ECC South Campus (Orchard Park). Memberships must be purchased at the ECC office window inside the Flickinger Center, during their normal business hours. The also offer a 3-month membership, for $90, however there is no BTC discount on that rate.
- UB Recreation Facilities (inc. Pool): Monthly memberships for $20 (regular price is $25). Annual membership are $199 for community members, and $88 for a single academic semester. Membership includes the pool, the jogging track, the cardio and weight room, and pretty much everything that is offered at UB's Alumni Arena (Amherst Campus) and Clark Hall (Main St Campus). Each BTC member needs to purchase their UB membership within the first week of each month to receive the discount. Members can also purchase more then one month at a time. We need to maintain a minimum of 15 members per month to receive the discount. Memberships can be purchased at the Member Services offices, room 175 Alumni Arena (Amherst Campus), during their office hours. You'll need to identify yourself as a BTC member, and show photo identification. The staff will check your name against our club roster. The hours can be found on the UB Recreation web site. Any questions regarding this offer can be directed to our board members.
- ATC Endurance Events: $10 discount for race registrations for the Cooperstown, Delta Lake, and Old Forge triathlon events. Expires on August 1st. Discount code has been sent to BTC members via email. ATC runs several triathlons in the Mohawk Valley region of upstate NY (Rome, Old Forge, Cooperstown, etc)
- Beast of Burden Ultra Marathon - $10 discount off registration, valid for all events (January/Winter and August/Summer) and distances (100Mi, 50Mi, 25Mi). Discount code has been sent to BTC members via email.
- Eclipse Multi-Sport: 15% discount for triathlon sprint and intermediate distances at their races. They have not yet finalized the list of races (and dates) for 2017. Discount code(s) will be sent to BTC members via email.
- MultiSport Canada: 10% discount on Niagara Falls Barrelman Half and the Welland Long Course, using online registration and the discount codes that were sent to all BTC members via email. Note: The discounts are only valid on the Half Triathlon (70.3) and Long Course events at each location.
Rev3 Triathlons: 10% discount on online registrations for all Rev3 races. Discount code has been sent to BTC members via email.
- Score This!!!: 10% discount on online registrations for Tri Dunkirk and the Fly By Night Duathlon. This discount is on top of the early bird pricing discounts and the discounts for registering for multiple events that Score This!!! offers to everyone. The discount is not valid for on-site registration and it is not valid for youth (kids) tri events. The discount code has been sent to all BTC members via email.
- Toughman Tri: $25 discount for the Half-iron race at Stony Point NY (near NYC) in September. Discount code has been sent to BTC members via email.
- Tupper Lake Tinman: 15% discount on the 70.3 distance race, on June 24th 2017, at Tupper Lake Municipal Park (NY Adirondack Region). The discount code has been sent to all BTC members via email.
- USAT Club discounts on various races - The BTC is an official USAT Club, and USAT offers various benefits, including discounts on more than 80 USAT races across the country. You can find the discounts at https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Triathlon/USAT-for-Me/Clubs/Club-Benefits#discounts
Multisport stores, bike shops, & bike fittings,
- The Bike Shop - 5% discount on bikes, 15% discount on parts and accessories, 10% discount on Garmin/Saris/Wahoo, $100 discount off Retul bicycle fitting sessions ($199, instead of the regular $299), and 25% off Powerbeam virtual trainer ride session creduts in the Bike Shop Hubfit Studio. When purchasing items in the store, identify yourself as a BTC member and they will check our club roster to verify your membership and give you the discount. They will also import our membership database into their online registration system for the Hubfit studio so that it will recognize you as a BTC member and automatically provide the discount.
- Love & Sprockets: $125 for dynamic bike fits, $100 for standard bike fits, and 10% discount on all accessories and soft goods (clothes, shoes, goggles, wetsuits, etc). 5% discount on bikes. Andy Thomas, 3168 Durham Rd, Hamburg, NY 14075, 716-713-5997. Identify yourself as a BTC member and Andy will check our club roster to verify your membership.
- Tom's Pro Bike: 5% discount on bikes & wheels and 10% discount on service, bike fittings, accessories, and pretty much everything else (excludes items that are already on sale & excludes high-end wheels). Identify yourself as a BTC member, and they will check our club roster to verify your membership.
- Runner's Roost: 15% discount. Items that are already on sale are excluded. Ugg's are also excluded. Identify yourself as a BTC member at checkout. They will check our club roster to verify your membership.
Swimming, wetsuits, and water recreation (see also "Multisport stores," above)
- ProMotion Wetsuits: 20% discount off full retail price, and on sale prices, on all of their triathlon products. However, the discount is not valid for closeout items, which are already heavily discounted. Orders can be placed online using the discount code that has been sent to all members via email.
- ROKA Sports: 30% discount off swim gear. 20% off triathlon apparel, running gear, cycling gear, and sunglasses. Orders can be placed online using the discount codes that has been sent to all members via email.
- XTERRA Wetsuits and accessories: Discounts up to 60%. Click here for sponsorship pricing. Members need to enter a discount code during the checkout process to get the savings. The discount code is C-BUFFALO.
- INFINIT Nutrition: 10% discount, using the code that has been sent to all members via email.
Multisport coaching services
- EnduranceFactor: Initial coaching start up fees waived, and 50% discount on the first month of coaching. $50.00 discount on combined bike and run threshold tests (VO2 max). Identify yourself as a BTC member and Doug will check our club roster to verify your membership.
- Plan2Peak: Endurance sport coaching and testing. Identify yourself as a BTC member and Peter will check our club roster to verify your membership and provide the following discounts:
- No start-up fees for level 1-4 coaching
- 20% discount on consultation fees
- $20 discount on Functional Threshold Power (FTP) testing
- $50 discount on Functional Movement Screenings (FMS)
- $10 discount on unlimited monthly memberships, which include unlimited trainer rides, unlimited group personal training, and unlimited use of the fitness facility. ($89/month for BTC members, rather than $99/month)
- TrainSMART Personal Fitness (Buffalo Personal Trainer): 20% off 1st purchase of training. 50% Discount on comprehensive assessment with functional movement screen (normal cost is $150, BTC member price is $75). Identify yourself as a BTC member and they will check our club roster to verify your membership.
- TriVault Multisport Coaching & Training: Special "Tri Club" discounts on most services (TriFit, power/lacate testing, swim stroke analysis, etc). Start-up fees waived and 10% off personal coaching. Current pricing is available at www.trivault.com. Please check the web site for more information or to schedule an appointment. Identify yourself as a BTC member and they will check our club roster to verify your membership.
Massage, rehab, and injury prevention.
- Core Concepts Pilates and Wellness: 10% discount on massage, reiki, and pilates. Identify yourself as a BTC member and they will check our club roster to verify your membership.
- RunSmart: Free 30 day trial of RunSmartOnline.com for BTC members. The trial allows all members unlimited participation to runner-specific strength workouts, including Yoga. The membership also includes access to all run form drills and exercises. The special code and web link has been sent to all members via email. Also, $30 discount on a full running analysis, which includes a video ($269, instead of the regular $299). Identify yourself as a BTC member and they will check our club roster to verify your membership in order to give you the discount.
- Schaffstall Chiropractic: Dr. James Schaffstall is a long-time BTC member and he specializes in working with runners and triathletes. Please be sure to identify yourself as a BTC member and contact Jim via the Schaffstall Chiropractic web site for more information or to schedule an appointment. Discounts are available.
- WE Massage: 10% discount on sports massages ($35 per hour). Contact Warren Elvers at 716-689-2493, May through November (not available December-April).